From: Al Gietzen <ALVentures@cox.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Re: Bill Schertz's cooling analysis
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 19:07:49 -0800
To: 'Rotary motors in aircraft' <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Message

-----Original Message-----
From: Rotary motors in aircraft [mailto:flyrotary@lancaironline.net] On Behalf Of Russell Duffy
Sent:
Friday, March 04, 2005 3:56 PM
To: Rotary motors in aircraft
Subject: [FlyRotary] Re: Bill Schertz's cooling analysis

I'm at 12 GPM with cold water.  I've got to figure out some way to check the flow with hot water.

After all this talk of viscosity changes with temp, I plan to put the flowmeter (not arriving until next week) in the cooling loop on the engine.  I'll run the Davies Craig EWP and record the flow rate, then run the engine enough to bring the water up to normal temp, shut the engine off, and check the flow rate again.  I just can't believe this is going to be significantly greater than when cold, but I'll certainly be happy if it is, especially if it will shut Al up :-)

On the contrary; I’ll be cheering.  I think it’s great that you are willing to make the effort to some data.  We always benefit from good data.

Al