From: Jim Sower <canarder@frontiernet.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Fuel Filters
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 20:33:01 -0600
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
So the filters cost $30.  How much are the elements? Or is the damned elements cost $30? ... Jim S.

Bob White wrote:

Hi John,

I wasn't sure what the pressure distribution looked like with the
regulator in the system.  Since this is a shunt regulator, I think I
believe what you are saying.  The only other consideration would be an
unlikely senario where the fuel flow was blocked for some reason
allowing pressure to reach it's maximum limit.  Since the filter is
rated at 75 psi, it has an actual burst pressure much higher than that
and wouldn't really constitue a problem worth worring about.

You've talked me into trying them although I would rather have paid $6
instead of $30. :)

Bob W.

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 15:17:42 -0500