From: jesse farr <jesse@jessfarr.com>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] For Tom Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Microtech EFI andTuning, was Leon's nose
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 16:44:04 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Leon: I couldn't agree with you more.  I personally think you need an old rx to run your aircraft engine around on the street also before worrying about tuning for flight.  Just personal opinion; but, I know they not only seem to do better but it is a heck of a lot easier to cost to the curb and walk home.

( the cold amber liquid!! )
<<<
you mean foster's ain't ozian for beer ? has my tv lied to me again/still ?

I'm sure that there are a bunch of people in the USA (being the home of hot-rodding),  who are far cleverer than I, and are equally adept at the "black art" of tuning aftermarket EFI systems.  The trick is to find one in your neck of the woods.
<<<
actually the trick is to find one who will even admit it and be honest about it, if there is such; then the rest gets easier.

jofarr
----- Original Message ----- From: Leon

With new motors,  my preferred way of running them in is to stick them in a "Mule" and just drive around for 600 miles / 1,000 km or so.  It's not just the miles/time.  It's the process of multiple heat and cool cycles which allows everything to "snuggle in".  Obviously this isn't practical for most people.  But I do get the best results with motors that have been carefully bedded-in.  They tend to last longer,  and run "sweeter".