From: Zook's Aviation Services Inc. <FLY@ZOOKSAVIATION.COM>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: : Same HP = Same Air Mass <> same air Velocity II [FlyRotary] Re: Ellison, the missing piece
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 10:32:54 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
I recently went on distribution since I am interested in Rotaries in Race Cars and Aircraft.

Background:
I have an ArrowII and 2 2nd Gen Race Cars with 13 b Rotaries. (Have a spare engine w/ bad aft Rotor/Housing)

Anyway. I tried but not sure if it is legal so I removed it, I instaled one of those Gimmic Turbo Flow devices you install in the intake post the Mass Airflow Sensor. I used it one race and swore I was getting more power. I would guess as much as 15 HP at the 6-7K Rpm Rage. I know some are using carbs and do not have the Mass Airflow/Plenum
to install it but the principle may be the same. Been tempted to try it out in the IO-360 to see if it makes a difference.

Be carefull if you do this since the vibs and pulses of the engine may fatigue the fins and get injested in the engine.

Disclaimer:

Do at your own risk. We are not liable for anyone trying this out. Recomend a bench test first.

If anyone tries this out plese let us know th results.

Thanks.

Mike Zucco

- Air Taxi/Charter Booking
- Aircraft Sales