From: Ed Anderson <eanderson@carolina.rr.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Very Inexpensive 1 5/8" 6061 Aluminum Tubing
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 18:40:14 -0400
To: <flyrotary>
Hi folks, some of the list members might be interested in this.  I purchased
10 pieces of 15" 1 5/8" tubing  for a total of  $9.95 of the tubing listed
below from e bay:

You are bidding on 10 pieces of aluminum tubing, 1 5/8"(1.650) outside
diameter, 1 1/2(1.538) inside diameter, 1/16" (.055) wall thickness. Each
piece is approximately 15" long. Each tube has a smooth inside diameter, and
the outside of the tubes has very fine ribs running the length of the tube.
These tubes have no heavy scratches or dings, pay a fraction of the retail
cost. Bid with confidence, check my feedbacks and other auctions. Buyer pays
actual shipping, I accept Paypal and money orders and ship in the US. Good
Luck.

I received the below e mail, informing me he had 100 more similar tubes if
anyone was interested.

"Hi Ed, the total for the 10 tubes comes to $16.42, $9.50 + $6.92(shipping),
for Paypal, use:

patkelly66@aol.com

If your interested, I have 100 more of these tubes to sell, your cost would
be $0.85/each + shipping or $75.00 + shipping for all 100, let me know,
thanks.

Pat"

Pat  confirmed the tubing is 6061, so the price is certainly right if anyon
can use that type of tubing. Makes dandy intake manifold pieces, would be
even better if they had a 90 deg bend, but at a price of less $1.00 still
not bad.

Ed Anderson
Matthews, NC
RV-6A N494BW