From: <13brv3@mchsi.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Final insurance update (good news)
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 21:35:53 -0400
To: <flyrotary>

Greetings,

Well, I talked to Tracy a couple days ago, and found out that at least two rotary RV’s are insured through AIG, though they were one of the companies that refused to quote my aircraft.  I contacted SkySmith again, and Scott explained that AIG didn’t refuse to quote because of the rotary engine, they refused because they didn’t think I had enough hours, experience, etc to qualify for the RV-3.  It probably didn’t help that I listed the power at 200 HP.  Anyway, Scott pestered them until they gave in, and gave me a great liability quote for $500K.  He really earned his commission on this one, and I would recommend SkySmith to anyone who needs insurance.

For the record, I have a private license, with no instrument rating.  Out of about 350 total hours,  there’s about 170 tailwheel time, with 100 of that being in the RV-8 that I built previously.

Rusty (less insurable than the airplane)

Turbo 13B powered RV-3 (experimental aircraft)...Be Afraid :-)

1993 RX-7 R1... Not stock, carry bail money :-)