From: <13brv3@mchsi.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Epoxy paint
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 12:07:22 -0400
To: <flyrotary>
Just as a tag along, and because I'm to lazy to do a search: can you buy
two part  epoxy paint in spray cans, and if so is it any good?

I'm at a point where I need to prime a few parts, and I don't  want to
go through the hassle of mixing junk in a sprayer if I can just use a
paint bomb.
-------------------------------

I just started using "appliance paint" in a spray can.  It was recommended
on the RV list at one time, and it does seem to work well so far.  The brand
I've used is Plasticote, but Dutch Boy, and others make it as well. So far,
every can of "appliance paint" that I've seen is epoxy. Unfortunately, they
recommend using a primer first when painting bare metal, so I just hit it
with a quick coat of NAPA 7220 self etching primer, which is also in a spray
can. The other draw back to appliance paint, is the limited color selection.
You get gloss white and gloss black with every brand, and some brands may
throw in something else like gloss almond (yuck).

Rusty (finally working hard on the RV-3)